Favors We Singles Should Do for Ourselves


These are ways I see myself and other single people do a disservice to ourselves and our current phase of life. These things will not magically grant you a spouse or contentedness; but they will make the load a little lighter


Stop Thinking of All the (So-Called) Reasons You Are Single.

Everyone has stuff. The baggage, the insecurities, the frustrating habits you won’t notice at first. Humans don’t need help finding flaws; we are actually too good at it. But still, too often I hear the expression “this is why I’m single,” escaping from my mouth. There is actually a chance that someone in your life sees all those things—and is still interested in you in spite of them.

Throw Away the Wish List.
At church camp and youth groups, many of us were told to make a list of our desired spouse’s qualities. If you don’t know what I mean think, “name it and claim it: spouse edition.”
Years after writing my own list, I revisited it and sorted the items into two categories: things that matter, and things that don’t. Things that matter are that of the eternal, inner, spirit- related nature; things that don’t are the more shallow attributes. I trashed the list and set standards instead.

Make Friends With the Opposite Sex.

“Men and women cannot be friends.” I’m convinced that this widespread idea is why a lot of single people label themselves as socially awkward. Due to this frame of mind, single men and women have a very tough choice; because, if you cannot be friends, your options become either to date or to politely entertain conversation until one of you walks away.
Start Praying, Keep Praying.
Treat prayer for a future spouse as a hope mechanism rather than a desperate plea. When you have hope, you are fighting for your heart. Praying for your future someone is an act of love that is beyond understanding and it is a statement of faith. Prayer is powerful.



Comments

Post a Comment