Lessons My Mother Taught Me About Women



My mother has been one of the most important blessings that God has bestowed upon me. Her maternal instincts, to her wisdom, humor, guidance, and tough love have aided in shaping the man you read before you today. Whether leading by example or speaking her mind (which she never has any issue offering opinions), she gave me a roadmap of how to maneuver the world as a man and a decent human being. I’m not a mama’s boy (I don’t think), but I care for my mom and have conversations with her about all aspects of life.


I Aint Raising No Babies!

 We’ve all experienced teen pregnancy at some point in our lives. I still remember being shocked when one of my class mates  showed up to school and was 3 months pregnant,hmmmmm! serious taboo. I remember telling my mum about my friend but my mom would hear none of that, so she made sure to inform me that 1) She doesn’t have the money to help raise a kid, 2) We don’t have space in our crib for a crib, and 3) to keep my d*ck in my pants to avoid such problems, and if I can’t then I better be wearing a condom. 

Never Lose Your Mind Over a Woman

I was going through a bad breakup 3 years ago, and my mom saw that it was affecting me greatly. She asked me what was wrong and we spoke. I explained my broken heart, my confusion and my anger. She told me two things that day. First, she said “you need to speak up more and make sure you talk to someone about any issues you have, because wallowing in self-pity and bottling things inside can only lead to bad mental and emotional health” The second thing she said is one of my top 5 quotes about women I’ve ever heard “There are millions of women in the world, why are you losing your mind over ONE?!” It was the tough and uncut words I needed to hear to snap me out of my stupidity and back on the scene and remind me that the world wasn’t ending due to a bad relationship. Abeg! my guys there are enough women out there, don't kill your self because of a woman...


to be continued...

Your opinion counts - so let your voice be heard! Why don't you drop a comment and tell us what you think


Comments